Dr. Anisha Varghese PT,DPT,ATC
Dr. Anisha Varghese
Physical Therapist, Athletic Trainer
- Stony Brook University: Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training
- Dominican College: Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Dr. Varghese holds a unique role at our clinic, having both her athletic training and physical therapy credentials, with plans to bridge the gap between on field management and off the field rehabilitation. She is also certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Corrective Exercise Specialist. Through her educational career she has been part of the athletic training honor society Iota Tau Alpha and earned the prestigious Clinical Excellence Award, given to the graduating physical therapy student who consistently embodies APTA core values of excellence, accountability, altruism, compassion, care, integrity, professional duty and social responsibility. Anisha continues to enhance her skills and knowledge through The Institute of Orthopedic & Sports Manual Therapy, IOSMT, Manual Therapy Program.
- Dr. Varghese has conducted research in concussion reporting in collegiate athletes and assessment of job demands in police officers and its association to limited flexibility and movement patterns.
- Dr. Varghese has worked with Division 1 athletes specializing in football and men’s lacrosse. She currently spends her weekends covering games in the local area and has worked closely with Passaic Valley High School’s athletic trainer. Dr. Varghese furthers her reach into the community by running CPR classes as a certified lead instructor for healthcare providers and the community. Dr. Varghese teaches Athletic Training Continuing Education Courses alongside Dr. Cruz on concussion management and shoulder management, as well as guest lecturing for various doctor of physical therapy programs. As part of the BOC exam development committee she writes entry level examinations for future athletic trainer board examinations.
- Dr. Varghese has spent her free time volunteering at the TCS NYC Marathon, Panasonic NYC Triathlon and spent a week abroad for a mission trip with Hearts in Motion offering PT services to the community of Guatemala.
- Speaks malayalam